January 10, 2011

Another one bites the dust.

I had been commenting (usually to myself) as of late how dusty my house was.  Granted, I could have cleaned more often, but it was seriously getting a little crazy.  I would dust and then a couple of hours later there was a fine film on the items I had just dusted!!  My house is 107 years old (I think that's 265 in human years), so I blamed it on that.

Well, I was going to have very important people visit and I needed a clean house!!

Reason #92 for new vacuum.
Small problem: my vacuum was just not getting up the dog hair on our living room rug and I couldn't understand why!  This vacuum was given to me 12 years ago by my cousin when we moved into our house.  She was going to throw it away but gave it to me instead.  What a dear.

It says on there "Full Edge Cleaning."
It even lies like a rug!
I would bring it up to the creepy vacuum repair shop up the road and the creepy guy behind the creepy counter would replace belts, oil it and creepily say, "This is the greatest vacuum.  It should last you forever."  I creepily believed him!


Electrical tape prevents death when vacuuming!
 So, we decided to get a new Bissell with an external canister that SHOWS THE DIRT, I MEAN FILTH, we have vacuumed up. If it weren't annoying I would continue to shout in caps right now.  WOW.

I tested it on a 4x4 patch of rug in my living room and was absolutely amazed at the crud that began swirling in the canister.  It was a tornado of dog hair, crackers, who knows what else, and overall dirt!  I haven't been that simultaneously disgusted and fascinated since the possum incident. 

Where do I start?
Needless to say I have been a vacuuming fool.  I started to build a pedestal for it, complete with candles, but stopped myself.  I thought that that might be a no-no...

If you're looking for me, I'll be vacuuming.


Goodbye disgusting old friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment