February 5, 2011

There's no business like snow business


Last night I was up at 4 with my cigar-smoking dog.  I didn't bother putting on my glasses and when I let her out I noticed everything seemed white and bright.  I didn't pay too much attention to it because I have learned a trick after getting up in the middle of the night with 18 children during my life- I don't let myself think.  Seriously. I keep my mind dull and I'm able to get back to sleep.  The problem is this tends to segue into daytime hours, rendering me listless and idiotic.  More about that some other time.

Today was supposed to be a day enriching my children in the arts to make them classy and sophisticated adults. Drama rehearsal in the morning, string quartet rehearsal in the afternoon. Little did we all know it was supposed to snow several inches overnight!  AH, so THAT'S what that white brightness was!  It's all clear now in the daylight hours where my brain is only half mush. Although the snow's nothing like this.

The amazing view, again, from my back window.


It looks like we'll be home today!  It's still snowing!
When is this all supposed to end?  I don't remember a winter when we got this much snow! I think I will just cozy up to the radiator (oh, what I'd give for a working fireplace!) with a good book and, well, take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment