October 4, 2011

Happy 70th Anniversary!

Today is my Grandparents' 70th wedding anniversary.  I'm pretty sure they were married by a justice of the peace since they were high school sweethearts who were only 17 and 18.  Hmmm.  I'll get the whole story this weekend at their party. (You'll remember my Grandfather from this awesome photo.) Here's a shot of them I took a few months ago:

Still volunteering!
Here's a beautiful photo from my parents' wedding 43 years ago.  It was taken at the Cathedral Basilica and you may recognize the veil on my Grandmother - it's the one my daughter wears now.

My Grandmother is just a little older in this photo than I am presently!
There will be 5 children, 15 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren, spouses, ex-spouses (don't ask) and various extended family at this party!  Wow, what a celebration.  The best part is that my sisters will be home for this craziness - I can't wait!  Come back next week for the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment