March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

You've got a little somethin' on your forehead...

Today is the first day of Lent.  THE FIRST DAY.  39 to go.  This will be the 3rd year in a row that I will forego looking at news, blogs that make me agitated at times (stlouiscatholic), listening to the radio, etc.  I will be living under a rock basically.  Good times.

So? What do you do during Lent to suffer/become a better person/become more spiritual?  My son just asked if this was a joke.  I'm waiting for your punchline.

9 comments:

  1. One of the many things, looking at my stats. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up posting on your blog for lent but since today is Sunday...here I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought people had given up my blog for Lent since I got no responses.

    Glad to see you on here, Anon. And, I think I saw you in real life 3 times today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Christ was in the desert for 40 days, were there Sundays? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon, I'm no calendar scholar, but I'm going to have to hazard a guess and say, yes, there were Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, do you think Christ took a break from fasting in the desert on Sundays?

    By the way, I'm Anon #2. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon #2 should stop winking, its starting to creep me out.

    signed,
    Anon #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pssssst, Anon #1, today isn't Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wink because I'm really Lady M and that's just what I do.
    ;-) ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete