April 26, 2011

Easter

I absolutely love Easter.

Unfortunately I did not bring my camera to the Easter Vigil but the shroud removal was exceptional
this year. St. Anthony gave J and Abbe a little trouble, but I figure if we don't have any
falling statues or candle fires, we're good.

Since I am better with photos than I am with words (or, as the formally inestimable Steve Martin said, "Some people have a way with words.  Other people, oh, not have way.") I will now present to you my Easter day.


Waiting anxiously for the Easter egg hunt to begin.
The tension was palpable.


Oh!  A scale!
Should we see how our Lenten fasts went?
NO!


The sure face of victory.


I made the lamb cake.
For future reference, if you ever eat one of my lamb cakes beware
of the deadly toothpicks found in the ears.
I believe that is good beforehand knowledge.

I see an egg!

It's not a tumor!



The effort to find Easter eggs was quite lacking.

Well, she was trying, anyway.

The most appropriate response to Mickey's that I have ever seen.


Now if someone would just post on veiling my week would be complete!


2 comments:

  1. great pictures! how lucky are you to have had such wonderful people over on such a wonderful day. we enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoy the blog! I was actually lucky to be invited to a home where such wonderful people were. All of the fun. None of the stress.

    ReplyDelete